Okay guys so I'm back again with a combined book & movie review for you!:)
I saw the movie adaptation yesterday when I was halfway through the book, and after that I finished the book last night... I have to say if you haven't read the book, the movie should be pretty good on its own and there was enough suspense to keep you awake. I wasn't a fan of Josh Duhamel before but I have to admit that he really aced this role :P And the scenery was of course very romantic and beautiful, as usual. They even managed to insert a canoeing scene in (very typical Nicholas Sparks!).
The book itself was very interesting. I finished in within 3 days so that should say something! :D
To be honest, I like the flow of the storyline and the way the characters (especially Katie and Kevin) were portrayed in the book better (since they decided to change lots of things in the movie and Katie was too flirty from the beginning which I think doesn't psychologically make sense because she just ran away after being so traumatized).
Besides, they did decide to keep the twist at the end of the book in the movie too, and I personally don't like the twist. As I said, I haven't finished the book when I saw the movie, therefore that twist was kinda a spoiler to me, so when I was trying to finish the book, I had hoped that the twist would turn out better, but in the end it was pretty much the same as in the movie. Personally, I think with a little bit more descriptions and details added, no twist would be needed because the story was fine as it is in the book, although I do think that the twist makes more sense in the movie!
Well, this is a pretty long review/comparison so hopefully it wasn't too boring. I would give the movie 3/5 stars on its own but if compared to the book I would say 2.5/5 stars only.
Until next time everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment